Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"Tiptoeing through life, scared of what the future may bring".

I didn't imagine that junior year was going to be this stressful, if I knew I would have prepared in so many different ways. It feels as if there isn't a moment I can just sit back and breathe. Tests, after tests, not to mention looking for the perfect college while crossing my fingers in hopes that my SAT/ACT scores are high enough.

I guess in blogs, the blogger is supposed to be honest... so putting it out there I haven't been in the Word (bible, for those who don't know) in about three weeks. There are so many things I could blame this action or rather misaction on but I mine as well quit while I'm ahead, and just say that I was putting all these stresses of school(education) and health way above God on my priority list.

Matthew 6:34 says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Blatantly the bible tells us that worrying about the future and all that it holds is useless and in the end it doesn't get you anywhere. Today is a gift, and God hasn't given this day and every other day to us to worry about the days before us. The future isn't even promised to us. We have to take one day at a time with knowing that God has everything under control as long as we give him all our burdens, worries and cares to Him.

Psalm 55:22 "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall."

No comments: