Thursday, August 7, 2008

To Call on Him

"From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Psalm 61:2




Through trials and tribulations God is with us, watching over us, testing us.
Who are we to call on Him? He is Lord and The Creator of you and I, what priviledge we have to call on Him and He answers.



"Because he loves me," says the LORD, 'I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him...'"
Psalm 91: 14-15

My whole life I have struggled with severe headaches. Now they weren't your run of the mill ones... I've actually had to have nine brain surgeries because their was a teeny tiny problem within my brain that caused me to have these headaches. After 5th grade I have been doing awesome! Getting healthier and healthier having little to no headaches a week, until I reached my sophmore year in high school. Slowly I started feeling sick... not playing as many minutes in my basketball games, not putting as much effort in my school work... and then eventually not being able to even attend school. I had the million dollar check-up my dad would say.. I had a spinal tap, several blood tests, ultra sounds, MRI's and CT scans. In January they found a tumor in my brain. It's nothing to be worried about I guess.. it's benign and not growing but they did find out that it is the cause of all my health problems before. When I was 2 months old I was diagnosed with Hydrocephalous the doctors didn't really know the cause, but were able to treat it.. discovering that I was very blessed in having "one of the best kinds" of hydrocephalous.
So during the second semester of my sophmore year I was treated in the hospital for a bit with another diagnosis of having chronic migrains. And now months later I am doing better and better.

God will never leave or forsake us, His followers. Even through trial and dispair... He is with us every step of the way knowing that things happen because His will is good and perfect.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12:2

1 comment:

My Name is Daniel said...

Hey colleen ... great reading your blog!